Through the Donn Russell Fund, the IT Foundation has provided $10K in grants to eight OOB companies and artists this year. We are overjoyed to be able to support these important artists and are truly honored that Donn has entrusted us to carry on his life's mission of supporting innovative theatre.
As a part of their 2015 production award, four companies received grants.
- Astoria Performing Arts Center, 2015 Outstanding Production of a Musical
- New Stage Theatre Company, 2015 Outstanding Performance Art Production
- Smith Street Stage, 2015 Outstanding Revival of a Play
- Theatre 4the People in association with Spit&Vigor Productions, 2015 Outstanding Premiere Production of a Play
Theatre 167 received a grant as a part of their Caffe Cino Fellowship Award.
AND in celebration of the inauguration of the DRF, three additional companies were also selected to receive funds based on their Caffe Cino applications.
Please take a moment to congratulation these artists (and maybe make a donation).
Applications for our Honorary Awards are now available online
Due Monday, May 2nd @ 6PM
Help us recognize the amazing people and companies that make our community awesome.
The Honorary Awards are:
- The Artistic Achievement Award, presented to an individual who has made a significant artistic contribution to the Off-Off-Broadway community
- The Caffe Cino Fellowship Award, presented to an Off-Off-Broadway theatre company that consistently produces outstanding work. This award also includes a grant to be used toward an Off-Off-Broadway production
- The Ellen Stewart Award, presented to an individual or organization demonstrating a significant contribution to the Off-Off-Broadway community through service, support and leadership
and don't forget to help us recognize your Outstanding Stage Manager!