Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Hello Everyone! Happy 4th of July!

As much as I promised myself that I would stay offline today, it seems I am unable to resist the clickety clack of the keys of my computer. I've been lounging about the house relaxing today, which was much needed. I'm heading down to the Spiegel world tents to see "Absinthe" tonight at the Fulton Fish Market; I'm quite intrigued by the whole idea of the project. I'm personally in love with the cabaret and art world that was born out of Weimar Germany in the day. We'll also see if I can stick out the crowds afterwards to get a peek at the Macy's fireworks after the show. Somehow being in NYC for 10 years I have yet to catch the full show.

It seems that this year has dashed by in a blur, and it's amazing to think that we are moving headlong into our 3rd year of celebrations! Shay, Nick, Jason and I got together last night to trade ideas, plans and questions for our Nomination announcement Event happening on Monday July 16th! Being in a new location will be lots of fun. I am looking forward to seeing the space tomorrow to do more planning.

I'm also looking forward to being reunited with some of our faithful and amazing volunteers. We've been really blessed with a group of people who have been helping us at the events for 3 years straight! The community of artists that have come forth to share their time and talents blows me away every year. We always welcome more people to be involved at the events, so if you or someone you know would like to be involved, please don't hesitate to write me! This year I am especially looking for Photographers, Stage Managers, Front of house staff and General event support. I'm eager to hear from people who love NYC theatre and would like to support other artists by volunteering at our events. You can contact me at akia@nyitawards.com.

Anyway, I hope that everyone out there has an amazing and safe night of celebrations, food, fireworks, and fun.

Cheers

Akia

Company Manager

New York Innovative Theatre Awards

No comments:

Post a Comment