Thursday, February 13, 2014

How Do I Love OOB?


by Shay Gines

How do I love OOB? Let me count the ways.           
I love OOB to the depth and borough and house size         
My soul is well met with kinship and allies       
For the vision and drive of the muse’s grace.           
I love OOB for miracles conjured in cabarets and cafes       
Most intimate, be it illuminated by Fresnel or candlelight.       
I love OOB gratefully, as the lost granted insight;       
I love OOB joyously, as a production given a critic's praise.
I love with a passion of my enthralled youth       
In my old daydreams, and with grad school faith.       
I love OOB with a love of an audience amused                       
With comedy of threes, -- I love OOB with Uta like breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life! -- and, if Dionysus choose,   
I shall but love OOB for a life exceedingly blessed.               

Special thanks to Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Happy Valentines Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment