One of my mentors, Dr. Irwin Redlener, is an incredibly busy person and like us will often find himself juggling many different things. To help him decide whether or not to take on additional projects, he wrote up some guidelines.
I personally find this useful and thought I'd share it.
SHOULD I DO THIS?
- Does it help somebody with something really important?
- Does it make the world better?
- Does it help my short or long-term personal goals?
- Am I convinced that it won't be more trouble than it's worth?
- Is it worth replacing something I'm already doing?
- Will people I care about, care about it?
- Is it simply incredibly interesting or satisfying?