Friday, September 16, 2011

If you could work with any OOB artist, who would it be and why?

 
We have a very eclectic and dynamic and somewhat opinionated group of nominees this year and we wanted to get to know them a little better so we asked them to answer a few questions about their work. 


Here are their answers to question #5:
If you could work with any OOB artist (that you haven't work with yet), who would it be and why?


“I'd love to work with them all!.” 
- Jill Bianchini, Outstanding Ensemble and Outstanding Actress in a Lead Role nominee for Balm in Gilead, T. Schreiber Studio

“Stephanie Thompson, who was nominated for her work in The Tremendous Tremendous. I've known Stephanie for several years personally and have seen her work on stage several times, but I want to share it with her soon!  She is so magnetic to watch and I know whenever I'm going to see something she is a part of, no fail- it will always be quality work! 
- Deanna McGovern, Outstanding Actress in a Featured Role nominee for An Impending Rupture of the Belly, Godlight Theatre Company

Jennifer McCabe.  I love her intensity onstage. I would love to work with her in a show.”  
- Heather Siobhan Curran, Artistic Director for The Gallery Players, which is nominated for Outstanding Production of a Musical for both Reefer Madness and The Drowsy Chaperone

“Rhyn McLemore!  We've worked together regionally (for only two weeks!) but never in an OOB setting, and every show I've seen her in, she's just such an intelligent actress, makes such smart, interesting choices.” 
- Robert Anthony Jones, Outstanding Ensemble nominee for The Drowsy Chaperone, The Gallery Players

“Erica Livingston of the Neo-Futurists. She is one of the most honest performers I have ever seen; one of the smartest critics I have ever met; and her southern lilt melts my heart.” 
- Matt Wilson, Outstanding Original Full-Length Script nominee for Play America (Life is Short, Wear Your Party Pants), Sister Sylvester

“Nat Cassidy. His work continues to impress me and he is one of the most innovative writer/directors working in OOB at the moment.  His scripts are always original and his stories unusual. I always leave his shows feeling inspired.” 
- Kelly Anne Burns, Outstanding Actress in a Lead Role nominee for The Navigator, Workshop Theater Company

“I literally live across the street from The Brick, but have never worked on a show there- I would love to design a full-scale production in that space.” 
– Matt Brogan, Outstanding Set Design nominee for Balm in Gilead, T. Schreiber Studio

“Two people come to mind. Jessica Chayes at the Assembly Theater. She's a really smart director who consistently does great work. And she gets great performances from her actors. Also Eric Bland at Old Kent Road.  Eric's one of the best writers around, his plays always hit a nerve with me.” 
– Kent Meister, Outstanding Ensemble nominee for Theater of the Arcade, Piper McKenzie & The Fifth Wall in association with The Brick Theater

The New York Neo-Futurists consistently challenge conventional theatrical forms. I saw Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind in Chicago years ago and it opened up my eyes to all the different ways theater can be created.  There is an urgency in their work I would love to be part of.” 
– Jeff Pagliano, Outstanding Actor in a Featured Role nominee for Fracturing, Sweeter Theater Productions

“Kevin Augustine of The Lone Wolf Tribe because he is one of the best puppeteers and puppet builders in this city.” 
– Jenny Lee Mitchell, Outstanding Ensemble nominee for Radio Purgatory, Theater THE

“I am always on the look out for new directors and choreographers to work with. To me it is the project that is the draw, not always those involved.” 
– Ryan Moller, Outstanding Costume Design nominee for The Drowsy Chaperone, The Gallery Players

I'd like to work with Taylor Mac. His vision and creativity are absolutely inspiring. I'd love to be part of his creative process and go on the journey he takes to create such a world of new ideas and honesty.” 
– Jennifer Conley Darling, Artistic Director for terraNOVA Collective and the soloNOVA Arts Festival which is nominated for Outstanding Performance Art Production for Woman of Leisure and Panic

“Maybe Kevin Augustine the puppeteer...he does great work!” 
– Aldo Perez, Outstanding Ensemble, Outstanding Sound Design and Outstanding Original Music for Radio Purgatory, Theater THE

“So many writers but in terms of acting alongside I would say Annie Henk. I saw a play she did called A Play About My Dad. She had a small part that made me really want to root for her character. I would also like to direct in the future and work with many actors that I have seen, especially Joie Bauer and Rob King.”
– Elaine Del Valle, Outstanding Solo Performance nominee for Brownsville Bred, Del Valle Productions, Inc.

“There are quite a few people I count as friends from the community that are on this list!  And yet I'm sure there are so many I don't even know about yet that will make it on this list eventually.” 
– Heather Cunningham, Outstanding Ensemble and Outstanding Actress in a Lead Role for Benefactors, Retro Productions

“Well, the corny answer would be my five-month-old son, Dash - God knows it's only a matter of time (like, weeks, probably) before we drag him onto stage. In truth, I've had the privilege of working with an astounding array of top-tier artists over the past few years (including dozens of them, albeit  briefly, in our collaborative project Piper McKenzie's Dainty Cadaver), but there are definitely some actor friends that we still haven't managed to put in anything: to list a few off the top of my head, how about Matthew Trumbull, Erica Swindell, Justin Holcomb, Lorinne Lampert and Sara Thigpen. Actually, it would be really awesome to write a play specifically for that cast. Wow. Okay, done.” 
– Jeff Lewonczyk, Outstanding Original Full-Length Script nominee for Theater of the Arcade, Piper McKenzie & The Fifth Wall in association with The Brick Theater



No comments:

Post a Comment